Welcome to Dublin Toastmasters
Dublin Toastmasters is a vibrant, friendly Toastmasters club with meetings held at 7.45pm on Thursday nights at Buswells Hotel.
Toastmasters is a fun and enjoyable way to improve your public speaking, communication and leadership skills in a positive, supportive environment.
A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere.
What to expect at a Dublin Toastmasters meeting
- The meeting starts at 7.45pm and will be over by 10.00pm. Guests just €5 admission
- Please arrive by 7.30pm to sign-in, meet some members and ask any questions you may have
- The first half of the meeting is dedicated to Table Topics, a fun opportunity to practice your off-the-cuff speaking
- In the second half, a number of members will make pre-prepared speeches, and feedback can be provided by filling in a feedback from.
- A number of formal evaluations will be conducted by the speech and general evaluators
- For more information go to our About page.
The Format of a Meeting
A typical meeting lasts for two hours. As a guest, you can come along to any of our meetings in order to experience our club, and please note you are not required to participate at any point (unless you want to chime in on a topic in the first half).
The first half of the meeting includes a Topics Session where members are encouraged to speak for up to two minutes on a randomly chosen topic. The idea of this exercise is to practice thinking on your feet. It is designed to be an informal and entertaining session. Anyone attending the meeting may provide a response of up to one minute on any topic.
The second half of the meeting is comprised of prepared speeches given by members who are working through the Toastmasters communication programs. This is followed by an evaluation session. Our evaluations are always positive and encouraging, and are designed to support and inspire everyone present.
Visiting and Joining Up
We strongly encourage you to come along as a guest, where you can find out more about joining our club. Ask any of our members for more information. If our club does not suit you there are 20 more in the Dublin area. Guests are very welcome to attend at any time – however there will be no demand whatsoever on guests to speak. However, should you wish to speak, or otherwise contribute, there may be a chance to do so in the first half of the meeting
Check our Links page for more Toastmaster Clubs.